Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Interview with Narbeleth done by Patrick on 11-25-15

Here   is  a  brand  new   interview  with the  Cuban  black  metal  band  "Narbeleth"  consisting of   one  member      Lord   Dakkard.Narbeleth   has  just  released  their  3rd  cd to date  through  the  mighty  german  label   "Folter Rec."   so  take  a  few   minutes  and read  the   interview  and  then  pick  up  the   latest  cd  of  the band.
Regards
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com




Interview  with   Lord   Dakkar  vocalist,all  instruments   for   Narbeleth  done  by   Patrick







1.Hails    Lord   Dakkar    please   introduce  yourself  to  the  readers?


Hey there! Here´s Dakkar from NARBELETH, writing from Havana, Cuba.







2.When did you  first  discover  metal?Who  were  some  of the  first  bands you   listened  to? Who  are some  of your   current  favorite  bands?


I discovered Metal when I was in high school, thanks to a friend who gave me some tapes. Just few years later I was introduced into Black Metal thanks to Darkthrone´s “Under a Funeral Moon” and Immortal´s “Diabolical FullmoonMysticism ”. Mentioning some favorite bands is not easy job, as there are a lot of bands I enjoy a lot, but, for all times, bands like Darkthrone, Arckanum, Judas Iscariot, Bathory, Burzum are among the ones for me.






3.What  gave  you  the  idea  to form    Narbeleth  ?How  did  you  choose the  name  for the  band  does  it   have  a special  meaning?


  I formed Narbeleth back in 2008, when I was playing guitar in my previous band Ancestor. We played a sort of Black Metal with some sparkles of thrash or heavy, and I wanted to do also something more, grim, colder, and personal, so I deceided to create Narbeleth. The name came from Tolkien literature, and design a period of time when the sun disappear.





4.  Narbeleth  is  getting  ready  to  release  their  third  cd releases  titled  "Through Blackness And Rmote  Places"  through  Germany's  Folter  Rec.  how  did you  come  in  contact  with  this  great  label?


  I made contact with Folter about 3 years ago, when I send a promo in order to be considered for Under the Black Sun festival. And it happened, and Folter became interested in releasing my music, and here we are.




5.How    long  did  it  take  you  to  write  and record the  songs  for  this  release?Where  do  you  draw   inspiration  for  the   lyrics?What  are  some  subjects you  write  about?


 I composed all in about a year, maybe less… as I begun to compose in august 2014 and finished in march 2015 more or less. My inspiration comes from Black Metal, and how this art helps me to deal with the routine, and how it is like a filter between the world and my inner universe. The lyrics usually are about this, and my own experiences in life. Sometimes I deal with other matters, esoteric and occult themes.  




6.Besides  the   new  cd  coming   out  through  Folter Rec.  does the   band  have  any  other  releases  or  merchandise   available  for  the  fans?If  yes  where  can  they  buy  your   merchandise?



 Yes, the previous 2 albums are also available at Folter Records, as well as “A hatred Manifesto” t shirts. You also can found the first demo in tape version at Intifernal records I think, or can also try other underground mailorders. But I think it can be available. Also the tape version of “DiabolusIncarnatus” by Serpent´s Eye Records I think it still available.






7. Lord   Dakkar    you   come  out  of the Cuban Metal  scene  what  is your  opinion of  cuba'sblack,death metal scene?


  In general the extreme metal scene in Cuba has been always “big” considering that we are an island in the Caribbean Sea with no tradition of metal at all. At the end of the 90s and beginning of 2000s the extreme metal scene grew up, and a lot of extreme metal bands were born, but few of them remained active, and these days there is a lot of new bands with modern shits.




8.Who  are  some  of your  all-time  favorite  Cuban  bands?Are  their  any  new  bands  you  feel  the  readers  should  check  out? 


Ah, good one… for meZeus and Combat Noise. Those are old bands that still active. About new ones, worth to check Blackult.




9. Lord   Dakkar     you   handle  the  vocals  for  Narbeleth   when  did  you  start  singing/screaming? Do  you  do  anything  special  to  keep  your  throat and  voice   healthy?


  I began to scream when I recorded the first NARBELET. Before that, I just did some back vocals in my previous band, but nothing big. Before sing, I just do some warm up before singing, that´s all.





10.Who   are  some  of your  influences/favorite   vocalist?


 NocturnoCulto, main influence and favorite. Legion, Akhenaten, Mannevond.Shamatae, this last one not as direct influence, as my vocal style has nothing to do with his, but is one of my favorite vocalists. Also Hoest, Lord Sabathan,  Sorath… are vocalists I like. There are good amount of great vocalists out there… impossible to mention hehe…




11.Besides  the  vocals  you  also  handle  the  guitars  when  did you  become  interested  in  playing  the  guitars?Are  you  self-taught  or  did you  take  lessons?


 I play guitar since I was 13. I learned by myself and from friends. I  never took music lessons.



12.Who  are  some  of your  influences/favorite  guitarists? Besides  the  vocals  and  guitars  what  are some  of the  other  instruments you  play?Are  their  any  you  want  to  learn to  play?


I would like to learn to play bagpipe, but I need one and they are expensive as hell. About guitar, well actually one of the guitarists I used to learn from is Demonaz… when I was learning to play electric guitar, practicing tremolo picking as all that, I used to watch a lot of old IMMORTAL videos to see the way Demonaz played…




13.What   does  black  metal   mean  to you?


Black Metal means strength, commitment, dedication. It means strength to grow as individual, and to live in the society avoiding all the common lines of thinking  as if you are in other dimension,.




14.Besides   Narbeleth   are  you  currently  working  with   any  other  bands  or  solo  projects?If  yes  please  let  the  fans  know  about  them.

Indeed I´m working in other Black Metal project with King Abraxas, my live guitarist. It is called Despectum. We have nothing recorded yet, we are composing, but this is a long term thing. Also I´m composing for another project in a Blackened Thrash vein, but nothing consolidated yet.





15.Thank  you    Lord   Dakkar    for   taking  the  time  to  fill  this   interview   out.Do  you   have   any  final  words  for  the  readers and  fans?


Thanks to you for the interview! To Narbeleth´s followers, thanks for the support!
I HAIL YOU!




                                                           Label   Contact
                                                      http://www.folter666.de/
                                                          Band  Contact
                                                 https://www.facebook.com/Narbeleth.BlackMetal