Friday, August 28, 2015

Interview with Indiana's Visceral Throne done by Patrick on 8-28-15

Hello 
Here  is  a  new  Interview with  Indiana's  brutal  death  metal  masters  "Visceral Throne" who  will release  their  new  Mcd  "Those Who  Have  Fallen  Beyond The Grace Of  God"   which  will be  released  by  the  mighty  Comatose Music very  soon.  All those  who  enjoy  brutal death  metal  should  defintly  give this  band  a   listen today  and  buy  a  cd  when they  are  out.
Metal  Regards
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com










Interview  with  Andrew  S.  drummer  for  Visceral   Throne   done  by   Patrick






1.Hello  Andrew  how   is  the  summer  going for you? When  did you  first  get  into  metal  music?

 ‎This summer has been excellent. We're excited to have a new cd for people to enjoy. I started listening to metal music when I was 15. My friend showed me Metallica and I've been hooked since. 

 
 
2.Who  were  some  of the  first  bands you   listened to?Who  are  some  of your   current favorites?

 I started out with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, etc. Pretty standard stuff for a 15 year old. Some of my favorite groups in the Brutal Death Metal genre are Internal Suffering, Defeated Sanity, Wormed, Mortal Decay and Internal Bleeding. ‎
 
 
 
3.When  did you  first  meet the  other  members  of   Visceral   Throne ?How  did you  all  choose the  name  for the   band?

 I met the other guys on our most recently album through former bands. The name of the group was chosen by me, because I thought it fit the sound and style we were trying to achieve.
 
 

4.What  is the  current  line-up  for  Visceral   Throne ?For  the  readers  who  have   never  heard the  bands  music how  would  you  best  describe  it?

 The lineup for our most recent album is Andrew Sutton on drums and bass, Dylan Cox on vocals and Justin Smith on guitars. To describe our sound, I would say we're a combination of fast blasting, crushing pit-riffs, intricate sections, guttural vocals with emphasis on quality lyric writing and a natural sounding production. 

 
 
 
5.I  believe you  usually write  all the  music for  the  band.How  long  does  it  usually  take  to  write  a song? Do  any  of the   other  members ever  help  you  out  with  idea's?
 ‎
 A song usually takes a few weeks to compose once I get into the actual composition. Once I'm motivated to write, I generally stay motivated until a song is written. Justin has helped out with soloing help, but other than that, all the ideas have came from me.
 
 

6.Who   usually  writes  the  lyrics  for  the  band?What  are some topics  you  all  write  about?

 I am the lyricist for the group. The lyrical themes from our first album were varied, but the new album is conceptual in that each song, minus the cover, is written about a person in Christian history that has done some sort of perverse act. 
 
 
 
7.Andrew  you  play  the  drums  for the  band  when  did you  start  playing  the drums?Are you  self-taught  or  did  you  take  lessons?
 
 
 I started playing the drums when I was 15. My friend Caleb had a drum kit and let me make as much noise as I wanted. I learned everything I could by myself and have never taken lessons. 
 
 

 
8.Who  are some  of your  influences /favorite  drummers?Besides  the  drums  what  are some  other  instruments  you  play? Are their  any  new  instruments you  would  like to  learn someday?
 
 Some of my favorite drummers are Lille Gruber, Thomas Lejon, Virgil Donati, Chad Walls and Andy C. I also play guitar, bass and keyboards. I'd like to spend a bit more time learning piano and keys though. 
 
 
9.Are  there   any  upcoming  shows  or  tours  in  support  of the  new  Mcd   "Those Who  Have Fallen Beyond The Grace Of God"?Where  are  some  places/states  the  band will  be  playing?
 ‎
At this point there are no shows or tours planned for support of the new cd.
 
 

10.Who  are  some  bands  Visceral   Throne   have  shared  the  stage  with? Are their  any  memorable  shows you feel  have been  better then  the rest?

 Our favorite time has been at the Las Vegas Deathfest. It was an unreal time and the amount of bands we shared the stage with is unreal. It was a real honor to grace their stage.

 
 
 
 
11.Besides  the  new  Mcd   "Those Who  Have Fallen Beyond The Grace Of God"  does the  band  have   any other merchandise  available  for the  fans?Where  can  the  fans  buy your  merchandise?

 You can purchase Visceral Throne merch from our big cartel at visceralthrone.bigcartel.com.
 
 

12.Visceral   Throne   comes  out  of  the  Indiana  brutal death  metal  scene.What  is  your   opinion  of the  metal  scene  in    Indiana  ?

 There's really only one other group in our style at the moment and that is Gorgasm. Gorgasm is a great group. But between the two of us, I'd hardly say there's much of a scene.
 
 
 

13.Who  are your  all-time  favorite  bands  coming out  of  Indiana?Are  their  any  new  bands  you  feel  the  readers  should  check  out  soon?

 Haha, well I guess Gorgasm gets the cake for Indiana. 
 
 
 
 
14.Besides   Visceral   Throne   are  any  of  the  members  currently   working  with  other  bands  or  projects? If  yes  please  tell the  readers  about  them?
 

 Yes, I have another group called Engutturalment Cephaloslamectomy. We're a brutal death metal group with an emphasis on slam riffing and humor.
 
 

15.What  are  some  of your   hobbies/interests  outside  of  playing  music?

 I'm a big CD collector and have been collecting since I was 16. I also love movies, attending shows and collecting merch.
 
 
 
 
16.Thank  you  Andrew   for  taking  the  time  to  fill  out  this  interview  do you   have   any  final  words  for the   readers?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! We really hope you enjoy this new record as we've put a lot of time and effort into it.
                                                                  Label   Contact
                                                       http://www.comatosemusic.com/
                                                        https://www.facebook.com/Comatosemusiclabel?fref=ts
                                                                        Band   Contact
                                                             https://www.facebook.com/visceralthrone